Saturday, March 18, 2006

I ran

It sure feels great to go running every once in a while. It's been a loooong while though... I can almost feel my body gradually breaking down as I've been sleeping 4-6 hours a day and spending the rest of the time sitting either in class or in front of a computer. And half the time I'm doing something useless - like playing this weird flash game for example.

The aim of the game is to crash your bike into some guy so that he flies off (anime style) as far as possible. Furthest I reached was 5245m with some luck. Funny how one can get addicted to playing seemingly pointless games that doesn't depend on skill.

Ok, I've wandered off. Back to the topic on running. Except for the general (for the lack of a better word)"wetness", the very horrible near-asthmatic attack once you stop and the fatigue that hits you a while after you rest, it's actually pretty fun.

It's like when you ride a bicycle while admiring the scenery, or when you drive a car around while "eating air". Only difference is that there's no bike or car and it is a hell of a lot more tiring. And you are literally eating air all the time...

But they are similar in that they wouldn't be fun without something to see along the way. The things I usually notice are - chiobus, nice houses, people walking their pets, chiobus, coffeeshops, zhnged cars, other joggers, did I mention chiobus?

I cannot speak for everyone but it seems like there's always two big hurdles to overcome for the not so motivated runner.
The first is actually getting started with running. I kind of fall into this category so I can't help anyone with that.
The second is the lack of motivation during the run. Some people for example, need to run together with someone else. Running solo will probably result them in giving up after the 634,461th centimetre.

I think whatever a jogger sees or doesn't see along the running route can and should be used as motivation. So with that I have created some motivational tips. During the run, just think-

  1. "I must run faster than this jogger" for the competitive ones
  2. "I must run faster so that I'm safe from this guy's pitbull" for the kiasee ones
  3. "I must run faster to impress this chiobu" for the 'macho' ones (the horny ones may actually slow down to "observe" longer)
  4. "I must run faster" for the simple-minded/self-motivated ones
  5. "Zhnged car? Show off ar?! See who's faster!" for the jealous ones
  6. "Chiobus? There's a whole bunch of them just a little further down. Keep running." for the ones good at self-delusion
  7. "Where's the nearest toilet?" for the ones who cannot hold it much longer

Some may not apply to your running route. Then change it in a way such that they can be used, especially numbers 3 and 6 as I find that they are the most effective ones.



P.S. "chiobus" can be switched with "hunks" depending on your gender preference
P.S.2 Underworld: Evolution is extremely lame by the way
P.S.3 isn't coming out any time soon... why?!


No comments: