Sunday, March 26, 2006

Miscellaneous Rant

Hmm, I think I'm pretty lame. I have just realised that my recent posts involve chiobus or sex in some way or another. Damn.

Anyway, I was over in NUS on Friday to play some basketball with Cheng Guan et al. They arranged it at 2pm so I decided to meet with him for some lunch before playing. It was my third time over at NUS and I was not very familiar with that place. However, I do know where the Central Library was so I SMSed him and planned to wait for him there. I didn't really know where the actual library was so I just sat on the steps around this huge atrium that had a bookstore and a lift nearby.

The lift must be the access to the library because there was a constant flow of people walking past the atrium to the lift. Of course, there were some pretty girls around. But the most amazing thing was that there was like, at least one chiobu in the atrium at any one time!! For the entire 45 mins I was there people-watching! (because dear Cheng Guan decided to fly aeroplane).

That outright defies the LCD (Law of Chiobu Distribution) man!! I don't see anything like that near the Lee Wee Nam Library! This is outrageous! NUS is hoarding all the pretty undergraduates! I think I must complain and send an email to all the students in NTU like the Malaysian student who complained about the NTU lecturers' standards of English.

Speaking of which, the standards of English for a minority of our professors are, admittedly, not very comprehensible but they are no doubt, fugging smart people. So why doesn't he just ask them and clarify what he doesn't understand? Rather than complaining with his email, he can put it to better use by emailing his lecturer or tutor his queries.

But then again, I am in no position to say much because so far, my lecturers and tutors have still been comprehensible even if a number may not be Singaporean. I have yet to have any difficulties communicating with them except for one. But I will not reveal who he is. *COUGH*ECONS*COUGH* Even if a lecturer was Singaporean it doesn't mean that he/she would be easy to understand though. My business law lecturer comes to mind. He has perfectly good English, but his convoluted, jargon-filled sentences are really hard to understand at times (because law-trained mah) .

Despite all that, I think the Malaysian student's proactiveness is admirable. I am ashamed to say I probably would not have done the same thing even if it really concerned me. I would probably just grumble and let it pass, let alone speak up and try to organise some form of protest against it.

On a side note, I found some lameass flash game again in a bid to irritate those who are busy and to bring cheap thrills to those who are either too free or bloody slackers. This is called Don't Shoot the Puppy. Yeah, just do exactly that. Patience and tolerance is the key, my young padawans.



2 comments:

JH said...

LCD! lmao!

Anyway, the situation over at NTU's business is not as bad as the engine side ba i supposed.

Come NUS more often hor! heh

half-asleep said...

Aiya go NUS too troublesome... maybe if I got a girlfriend there then I go :P