Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Bounce back to life

I think all Singaporeans have seen Mr. Kiasu in some form or another - either the comic book or the (horrible) sitcom. I used to be a huge fan of all the Mr. Kiasu comic books. There were a bunch of other comic books by the same publisher and probably drawn by the same author. A memorable one involved a pair of feline detectives, one fat, one thin but both wacky as hell. But I can't find my collection of those comic books any more. It must have got lost while I was moving around or my mum must have given them away to my cousins, presuming that I won't need them any more. But it has got so much sentimental value man...

I was reminded of it when I came across this webcomic called Bounce Back To Life. You must check out the author's parody of Star Wars. Absolutely hilarious lol! I haven't seen any comics with such a distinctly Singaporean flavour since Kiasu. It's not just the omnipresent use of Singlish, but somehow it aptly illustrates a slice of Singaporean life. This is very different from the ones in ST's Life. Those may be interesting at times but more often than not they just involve corny puns.

Anyway, here's another artistically talented blogger. Not comics though.


No comments: