Friday, June 23, 2006

bad luck

It's been forever since I last fell sick that I wonder how I suddenly had a fever yesterday. I started feeling cold in the middle of my Chinese Philosophical Thought lesson and soon became totally debilitated - had to stay in bed while everyone went out to Central.

It is such an irony. A couple of my friends just fell sick two days ago and I ruled out the steamboat dinner we shared on Tuesday as the cause. 2 out of the 4 present were fine. Now that I am also sick only 1 is left. I have a feeling it's the oysters we ordered.

I didn't feel well enough to go on the Shenzhen trip this morning either. Sucks being left out. Everyone speaks of Shenzhen like some shopping heaven (for fakes). Apparently that's where a lot of the locals do their shopping too. Never mind, I still have 5 weeks left to get there.

Anyway, I think it won't be too long before I get sian here. Just like the slogans of those HK tourism ads - 买东西,吃东西 (buy stuff, eat stuff), these seem to be the only things one can do here. Lest I get bored, I've started downloading stuff from btchina at incredible speeds. China's population of Bittorrent users are all closer to me now so I can leech at higher speeds. Yay.


No comments: