Monday, June 19, 2006

weekend

Have been travelling around the Kowloon area the past 2 days. There was an organised tour to Repulse Bay, Stanley Market and Victoria Peak on Saturday. Repulse Bay seems like a pretty popular destination for tourists and locals alike. Everyone was just suntanning on the beach. Unfortunately, I didn't get to see any beach games being played. We didn't have enough time to do anything useful here anyway.

Stanley Market seems to sell only Chinesey wares that gwai-los or our ang-mos would buy. They would buy anything Oriental looking that we probably would not use in real life. The selection of clothes is rather horrible in my opinion.

The view from the Peak was excellent. Though like my friend said, it would be even better if we went there at night instead. The city lights would make excellent photographs.

We went to some club called Edge in Lan Gwai Fong after the welcoming dinner. Lan Gwai Fong is filled with clubs, pubs and the likes. Just like our Mhd Sultan Road. Only bigger and with inclined streets. So you sweat before you even start dancing. As you walk up the street, the crowd, the incline upwards and the bright neon lights on both sides of the narrow street make the place look really cool. Didn't bring a camera though. Hopefully someone else had gotten a picture.

Mong Kok was our destination for Sunday. It's one huge shopping district. I had no idea where I was at any point in time. Good thing one of us is damn good at topo. I see some of the same shops a couple of times so we must have done a couple of rounds around the area. Lots of shopping though. And it's damn fricking crowded. Not my kind of place. I might be back to buy some stuff but I would definitely do that on a weekday instead.

The lessons are starting but no one seems to give a damn. Well, we really only need a pass anyway. This is summer studies thing is like an incredibly huge excuse to fool around in Hong Kong for 6 weeks. I'd better conserve my money to last till the end.

No comments: